Thursday 20 October 2011

Dropbox and Evernote. My technology dream team

If you don't have a Dropbox account yet, you really must get one. Click here to sign up for 2GB of storage for free.  Or copy this link http://db.tt/GPN5UHK

So why would I be so delighted with Dropbox and Evernote? They save my stuff.  And I'm not alone… Not just my things, but David Pogue and many many other people have found how wonderful it is.  David Pogue wrote in his blog at New York Times sharing how Dropbox saved his bacon book.

At first, I couldn't wrap my head around WHY I would need it, and did I really need both Dropbox AND Evernote. Really?  Now I can't imagine not having both.

Dropbox shares files between any computers I have enabled the widget and folder on, Evernote allows me to create content and share it between devices, and I use them for totally different purposes.  Dropbox, I use instead of a USB stick or CDs.  Sure, I could use Evernote similarly, but editing and file types are limited.  Dropbox doesn't edit at all.  How is this good? Well, if I am wanting to access documents or edit them, I am usually in front of a computer with the appropriate software to edit it. I can email a document from Dropbox on my iPhone, computer or internet. Yes, I can do exactly the same with Evernote, BUT! I can capture web pages, text, etc. and save it within Evernote.  I use Evernote for shopping lists, to-do's, wine tracking, recipes etc. etc.

These two technologies make document sharing, transferring and creating a breeze.  Now to see what iCloud brings to the party…

Go on… download it. Use it. See what all the fuss is about.  http://db.tt/GPN5UHK

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get something for the referral :-) I used your referral link.

    ReplyDelete