Thursday 6 October 2011

Passing of another Icon of our time.

I owe my career (and probably my sanity) to the Macintosh computer.

I hadn't seen this video until several years ago - it was how I thought computers would be when I reached University in the late 80's. I was sorely disappointed, but little did I know someone had the dream, drive and skills to bring this almost to reality - albeit 25 years later. The new iPhone 4S is the closest device yet. http://t.co/qFTF5vLK (Apple's  Knowledge Navigator (1987))

I was so profoundly saddened by the sudden loss of Jack Layton, a much closer to home tragedy, and somehow, someone I've never met feels almost equally as large a personal loss.

I would never have guessed that the work of a couple of guys in a garage would have worked out to have shaped the last 17 years of my life. Indeed the rest of my life and career.

The world has lost one of the most influential individuals in modern time - of modern life. I write this on my umpteenth apple device.  I have little doubt there are many Apple products in some form of creation, from a germ of an idea, to refinement that were begun under the guidance of Steve Jobs that Apple will have no shortage of innovation in the future.

As said by Mr. Jobs: “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.”

Far too many young people lose their battle with Cancer. It can't be beaten too soon.

The showman with  "just one more thing".

I apologize for the repeat, but mobile readers can't see this graphic at the top of the page.


see more hipster robot webcomics and pixel t-shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment